So, I did what I always do when I’m new to something – research it to death. I had fun going online and reading info on how to develop a blog as well as looking at lots of blogs. I made lists and more lists and did diagrams and ……………yeh, just basically procastinated my arse off.
I’d challenged Marc to start his own blog because I know how well he writes and thinks.
Yesterday he sends me the blog he has started so I really did have to move all the talk into action. Marc got me started with a wordpress account and then sent me off to play.
I wandered around the site and played with themes and uploading images and playing with widgets – and – realised I was in the second existential stage of procrastination – damn! Told myself that by the end of the day I wanted to have written my first post and almost entered another phase of procrastination that I call the ‘can’t write anything until it’s perfect’ stage.
I still have to work out a few things like how to get feedburner to work for me. I think I just have to read the instructions a few more times … that’s why they have FAQ pages.
So, this is it. My first post with thanks to Marc ( go see his blog) . Another person has encouraged me to start this blog and his writing engages some really creative conversations & connection. Thanks Noah.
What am I looking forward to in the lizbiz blog universe?
- the serendipity connections & conversations that will occur
- the power of taking the time to reflect on the day/year/life and see what arises in the writing
- not having to suit anyone but myself because this blog is a gift to me
- sharing information from other good blogs, articles and websites – with proper and due recognition of the writer
- talking about the day to day of running micro social enterprises
- sharing a little about living in rural Ireland