Yup … the word/theme/mantra for my year wandered up from my unconscious a few days ago.
Every year about this time a word rises from my unconscious that tends to underpin the next 12 months.
Last year my word was CHALLENGE (and it was) … 2007 was SIMPLICITY.
For 2009 my word is CELEBRATION … yee haaaa.
I love it.
In a world that is currently sending us messages of deep gloom … I’m going to celebrate all year.
And … I’ll celebrate the mundane and the magic … the big and the small … the day to day and the bigger stuff.
In 2009 … I’ll be celebrating:
- staying alive to be 50 in July
- being healthy … I only get the odd cold and virus … always good reasons to stay in bed
- having amazing friends, family & good neighbours
- having a brain and spirit that is totally curious and interested in learning
- using my brain to lead a simpler life with less money
- having a heart that really does enjoy the diversity of people that cross my path
- having Coco pup to love and drive me crazy (she’s trying to lay her head on my hand as I write this … mad dog)
- finding ways to get my Citroen 2cv without paying heaps of money
- learning how to use Joomla so I can build SKIL2 and my own website
- choosing to stay alive and making clear choices about my life
- being resilient in the face of the crap that wanders into all our lives
- learning more about growing and cooking organic food and teaching the kids in the Sunny Funny Garden … I’ve applied for a course at the Organic Centre in Rossinver
- the amazing clients I attract and the work we do to create a more just and celebratory society
- living in Ballinamore … love love love it
very cold and misty at the moment
- all the things that come with the changing seasons … even our soggy summers
It’s literally freezing at the moment … that was the frost on the field at 3pm yesterday
and these frost days also bring crystal blue skies … lovely
- writing this blog and making sooo many friends as a result – I’ll be writing about a few tomorrow and Friday
- other Ballinamore Entrepreneurs – I’m interviewing another one tomorrow
- doing more things on a barter exchange for skills and products
- going to Paris for my birthday – here are some photos from my SKIL2 visit in July 2008 – 2 weeks of sunshine
The architecture is sublime in terms of proportion and the colour of the buildings
Notre Dame was literally 1 minute from my studio apartment
My studio apartment for a week – loved it – there’s a sofa bed on the other wall … a wee kitchen and a separate bathroom.
This was the street I stayed in … turn around and you face the Seine and Notre Dame.
An open air market that’s part of the Rue de Mouffetard … there were shops full of … wine … chocs … seafood … pastries … divine
- getting fitter walking the mad dog
Coco loves her walks and drags me along … my left arm is now longer than my right.
- going to Singapore to design and build SKIL2 with my brother Marc (check his post for today … build your own reality)
Me and Marc in Singapore Feb 08
- learning woodwork and DIY at a workshop Miriam and I are thinking of running for women this year in Ballinamore
- doing a chocolate workshop with Sharon Sweeney … real soon
- self publishing my Life Dreaming Workbook
- creating time and space to sleep in … loll … loll some more
Celebration is the word for 2009.
One word can create a shift in the way we see our ‘reality’.
I prefer the word – celebration to the word – recession.
And … I like how we can redefine even the words we don’t like.
Recession … as in … receding from greed, overindulgence, ego driven behaviour …
Expansion … of our minds, hearts and spirits … beyond ourselves and into our community.
Focus … on what we have power and influence over … our attitudes … our behaviour … our kindness and generosity of spirit … skills we can share.
Ignore … what we can’t control … other people … earthquakes … soccer finals … world peace (although we can contribute to personal and family peace).
Celebrate … everything … even what looks like crap … and even if it is crap … we could probably use it in the Sunny Funny Garden.