I was going to write about something completely different … when I realised that it was this blogs 2nd birthday yesterday … which I think is like Dog Years … so it’s 14 in Blog Years.
On my first post in January 2007 I wrote about what I wanted out of blogging … and … it’s still the same.
What am I looking forward to in the lizbiz blog universe?
- the serendipity connections & conversations that will occur
- the power of taking the time to reflect on the day/year/life and see what arises in the writing
- not having to suit anyone but myself because this blog is a gift to me
- sharing information from other good blogs, articles and websites – with proper and due recognition of the writer
- talking about the day to day of running micro social enterprises
- sharing a little about living in rural Ireland
I talk less about my micro social enterprises … and more about living in Ballinamore and just lifes serendipities.
And that’s what I was musing about as I walked Coco this morning.
We walked to Lock 5 and the light was gorgeous … birdsong filled the air … which confused Coco a lot … she kept looking everywhere for the birds.
I started wondering …
I write about a small town and the photos (except for the odd Magical Mystery Tour) are of the same places … wonder if I’m boring people … hmmm … not too worried about that … what I love is the magic and mindfullness of the ‘seeming’ mundane … the everyday …
I love seeing the same place with fresh eyes … the shifting light & seasons … the sounds … the peace of being here by the Lock …
I never take it for granted
When I was in Paris I was enchanted by everything I saw … and I feel the same way about Ballinamore … I see it with that kind of delight … every day
Lucky me …
Having the camera with me also helps me be mindful and really look when I’m out walking … I love it.
And today was no different … the water and the hills were gorgeous … so still.
I really enjoy the bareness of the trees … the water clings like diamonds.
The sun shone briefly and the sky went my favourite blue.
Coco meanwhile was checking out every ditch and muddy area she could find.
Oh yeh … and who put this trap there since yesterday? Coco wanted to get it as it has food inside … luckily she listens when I say no … but why is it there?
I walked across a bridge to get a new perspective on the Lock … and Coco went ballistic … she hates me going on bridges and barks deliriously.
She barked when I came back as if to say ‘Don’t do that again’ … sorry Coco.
Being mindful … just enjoying the right now … that gives me a great sense of peace & contentment.
I am so lucky to live in Ballinamore surrounded by all this beauty … within walking distance.
Any worries and hassles melt away … I always know that I’ll deal with them … and all will be well.
Thanks so much dear readers for coming to the blog … whether it’s just this once … or all the time … I enjoy knowing that my words wander into other peoples lives.
Special thanks to my brother Marc for encouraging me to start the blog in 2007 … and for the banners that he has designed for me … he is a design genius and all round fab guy … I’m very blessed to have him in my life … thanks bro… hope to get to Singapore in Feb/March … just waiting for the money fairies to get themselves sorted.
And to my Dad who reads this every day … thanks Pa for venturing into the mad internet just so you can keep up with my life … I love knowing that you read the blog … and big thanks for being my Pa … I won in the Dad lotto … love you heaps … and many thanks for teaching me about woodwork and power tools when I was back in Oz last year … cool Dad.
To the people in Ballinamore that read the blog … thanks folks … I love when you stop me to say how much you enjoy it… and how welcoming you have been to me.
To the thousands (feels strange to write that) of people that read this blog around the world … may you enjoy the beauty of the place you live in … I send you big wishes for good health and frolics.
To my great commenters who spend time leaving their thoughts … big thanks … I love our conversations.
Is that a long enough thank you speech?
Here’s to many more years of musings.
p.s evening time now … Health & Fitness update.
Coco and I exercised for 75 minutes today & 2 hours yesterday.
Healthy eating today included – porridge for brekky;
Lunch – a mix of … tuna, onion, fresh coriander & mint chopped, chilli (chopped), chopped tomato, white beans, anchovy – in a hot dressing of garlic, sunflower seeds, dried sage, dried cumin seeds, lemon and lime juice & balsamic vinegar. I made a big batch … enough for 2 or 3 days. Put the mix in a heated wholemeal wrap. Delicious and very filling.
Dinner – a baked salmon steak … sweet potato mashed with a teeny bit of butter … frozen soya beans & mixed vegetables steamed and seasoned with pepper, sage, cumin & lemon juice … frozen mushy peas cooked with the sweet potato. Easy peasy … chuck the salmon in the oven and let everything else boil and steam … best thing about frozen vege is that it’s already chopped and ready to go. It was all really tasty and filling … Coco loved it as well.
Before I started the whole healthy eating thing I took some time to:
- be clear about what I wanted to achieve – increased energy, fitness and shrink this curvy body just a tad … a wee sliver … a mere morsel … no skinny minny crap for me … I love my curves.
- list the key actions I would take … they are in a post I wrote yesterday… and they are all written in the positive (what I will do) rather than the negative (what I will not allow myself … I don’t do deprivation).
- gather recipes that made my taste buds tingle and didn’t take a lot of time to make … that’s great fun.
- wrote the recipes in little cards so I can just take them to the shop
- bought all the main dry ingredients (oils, herbs, sauces etc) and frozen stuff (meat, fish, vege) … everything is now at my fingertips.
- then all I do is have some fun before I go to bed … choosing what delicious things I want to eat on the morrow.
See it’s all about enjoying the process … eating tasty food … feeling more energetic … and looking even more gorgeous than usual.