I got to ‘sleep in’ until 8.30 am this morning.
Now my dear reader … BC [before Coco pup] this would have felt like the crack of dawn to me … now? … it’s a sleep in.
Funny how perspective changes with circumstance.
I decided to have a quiet day as all the days since I came back from my mountain retreat last Friday have been wonderfully active.
I pottered around in my pj’s reading emails and watching morning tv … something I rarely do … and loved it.
Yesterday I finished the shelf with Williams help … and walked Coco for 2 hours with Maeves help … Lock 5 was gorgeous.
William and me then went to visit a mutual friend up the mountain and will be going back on Saturday to make some doors for her polytunnel … I’m the apprentice and look forward to more learning.
We then went for a quiet pint outside at Smyths pub.
And here is my wonderful shelf … soon to be an heirloom … should I live long enough!
No … the shelf isn’t lopsided … we hung it using a level … the cupboard is not level and neither is the tea towel.
I made this from scratch with scrap wood … can’t tell you how delighted I am with myself … next project? coffee table … more shelves … an Ark!
And this is a great linen teatowel I bought when I was in Oz last.
This woman is very witty and she also does a whole line of cards.
And my step mum (Liz) helped me make this patchwork cushion on the day before I was due to fly from Oz to Ireland … in about an hour.
She is an amazing craftswoman.
The cottage is looking so much better as I declutter and organise each room … worth all the effort.
Friends that have popped in over the last few days have really noticed the difference.
The highlights of my day?
- chatting to my Ma in Oz … she’s great and we had a lovely catch up
- got a call from a friend who has been really busy over the last year doing a Masters … we set a date for me to go and stay with her and her partner in Dublin for a really good catch up
- met with Aine Martin to go over the details of the fashion parade that I am Mistress of Ceremonies at on May 15 in the Commercial Hotel
Details of the Fashion Parade:
- it’s a fundraiser so Aine can go and teach in Uganda for 5 weeks over her summer break. Aine is a secondary school teacher.
- there will be great clothes from 2 boutiques – Assets & Vanilla.
- there will be a make up demonstration
- 2 raffles with great prizes … who loves flowers, chocolates, wine and other goodies … can I win stuff if I’m MC?
- you can buy tickets (10 euro and starts at 8pm) from a range of places in Ballinamore including – Cara Pharmacy, Assets, McDevitts, Smyths Shop, & Luscious Ladies.
- you can also contact Aine via email and order your tickets firstname.lastname@example.org … and … leave a note here if you want tickets
It will be a great evening as the fashion covers everything from Debs to Day wear … young and older women.
And … you get to come along and have a great night out with your girlfriends.
I hope your week has been going well.