Hello dear reader and apologies for not writing recently.
Living just gets in the way of writing sometimes.
All is well in Ballinamore and I won’t bore you with a list of all the things that have been going on in my life.
- a few sunny days and Mags, William and me are straight outside to our communal backyard
- William and me visited a good friend of mine in Sligo and had a lovely mini holiday and then brought back another friends paintings and ceramics from Sligo IT
- Sunny Funny was washed out last week … as was everything else … but Adrien finished carving the stone sign. Many thanks Adrien.
- I went looking at a few cottages for another blogger friend and just sent her photos. Folks … the prices have plummeted … which is a good thing if you want to buy … and the bloody banks free up some money.
- Mags, Adrian, William and me went to visit a good friend of ours in her families amazing house. The views over the lake are actually mesmerising … we just sat on the couches and truly lolled.
these lads know how to loll
- Bought a great pair of working trousers from Dee … I’ll look the part when I do my woodwork with William.
- I also helped William on a job where we were making an outdoor cold store for plants. I got to use the router and help with the mortice and tenon work. Don’t laugh until you’ve tried it! Mags calls us Wallace and Gromit.
There’s heaps more and life is good.
A special thank you to Ann (I’m sorry I didn’t get your last name) who dropped in on Sunday when Mags and I were lolling out the back in the sun.
Ann is a local reader of the blog and wanted to give me some things to help train the mad Coco. She gave me a bag that had dog whistles … clickers … and dog treats in it.
I was really touched by such a thoughtful gesture.
And … I hope all the wonderful women of Ballinamore will be out on Friday night at Aine’s Fashion Parade … Commercial Hotel 8pm this Friday. Tickets 10 euro.
She is fundraising to go and teach in Uganda for a number of weeks in June.
I’m the Mistress of Ceremonies and am really looking forward to it all.
The two boutiques providing the fashion are Vanilla and Assets and there will be something for all ages.
Aine has been an excellent organiser and we will be having raffles throughout the night. Here are a few of the prizes:
- Vanilla are sponsoring a dress
- €100 Slieve Russell voucher,
- handbag from Menarys,
- Teddy hamper from Bear Essentials,
- cosmetic hamper from Cara Pharmacy,
- flowers from Ben & Gail,
- crystal trinket box from Leitrim Crystal
- chocolates from Sharon at Cannaboe Confectionary
- bottles of wine
Just a small word of warning … you know how we leave getting tickets until the last minute … or … just drop in on the evening?
Book your tickets now as they are selling really fast and we’d hate to have to turn anyone away on the night.
email@example.com contact Aine or leave a note here and we’ll sort out tickets for you.
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.
I also have Sunny Funny Garden this week and will be taking photos at the communion ceremony on Saturday for a special blog post.
I’m also going to be covering GAA ceremonies in a few weeks as people love that game and it is a special year for the club. People have been putting in an incredible amount of time renovating the club and grounds … it’s a great community.
I promise to write more often.
Hope all is well in your life.
this is a Riversdale barge and it was in the canal basin at the bottom of town … how relaxing does that look?