I wrote about the information pack Marc & I put together yesterday.
For people who don’t have Adobe to read a pdf … here’s the full version below.
p.s Thanks again to Marc who makes my words sing.
Liz Lennon CEO
Tel: + 353 (0) 71 0645443
Please help spread the word. If you know any non-profit or community organisation that might need stakeholder centred, value driven and practical consulting, please download the PDF here and send it to them.
If 2009 budgets were a weight loss programme …
we’d all be very very slim.
This year has been … and continues to be … a challenge for all of us in the non profit/community sector in Ireland.
I know from talking with organizations around the country that money for essential activities such as:
- Action research
- Policy development
- Strategic planning
- Organizational development
- Marketing & Communications
- Knowledge management
… has been cut to the bone … and beyond.
- Staff still want and need training to build their skills and confidence to provide
- You still need accurate and timely research to make policy and practice decisions
- The whole organization requires ongoing strategic review and planning to ensure it stays relevant to all its stakeholders.
I have worked for over 25 years with non profit/community organizations and sectors in Australia and Ireland.
My work has encompassed:-
- Action Research & Evaluation – Partnership Plans; Travellers research; Homeless sector
research; European & Irish project evaluations; dozens of organization reviews
- Learning & Performance Strategist – L&P plan for Homeless sector in Dublin; L&P plan for Depaul Ireland; Training Plan for St Vincent de Paul.
- Trainer – Homeless Agency; Depaul Ireland; trained unemployed people to be local action researchers in Wexford and Waterford; Master of Arts Limerick University
- Facilitator – Hundred of organizations – team review days & conferences
Clients have included –
I provide training on a number of topics –
- Effective and Successful written communication in the workplace – 5 steps to plan before you write; email protocols; structure of letters; reports that get read; understanding information flow; what not to write; some simple copywriting tips
- Doing Action Research in your Communities – four phase process; planning and designing the research tools; doing the fieldwork; organizing, analyzing & synthesizing data; structuring and writing the report
- Social Media as a powerful (and relatively free) communication, marketing and fundraising tool for your organization – understanding the jargon; what’s a social media cloud; setting up a blog; strategies for non profits; understanding the power of reach; what’s rss; powerful and free presentation tools; developing a social media policy; examples of how non profits use social media to market their message and raise funds.
I can also develop customized training days on any of the areas that I consult (i.e. strategic planning; developing learning & performance plans; facilitation; working with groups; developing clear information and knowledge management systems).
I work with up to 12 people (minimum of 6 to 8).
If you are a small organization with a few staff … contact me … and we might be able to link you in with another organization wanting the same training. You share a proportion of the costs.
You may require some fast and up to date information on any topic – I am researching online all the time and can provide you with quick, timely & short reports.
You need the annual report to read more clearly … or … a report needs editing … or … you have 8 documents that need to be amalgamated into 1 readable and practical report for your Board … and … you’re too busy to do it … and you really really hate writing.
I’m your woman.
For some strange reason … I’m one of the few people in the known universe who actually LOVES researching, structuring & writing reports.
My reports tell the story from a range of viewpoints … they clarify the strengths and challenges of systems, policies, structures and processes … place them within a broader national & international context … and … they provide clear and practical recommendations for a positive way forward.
I have done hundreds of evaluations; strategic reviews; L&P plans; & facilitated sessions
(with up to 500 people at a time) across many sectors.