A rendezvous of musings on my micro social enterprises – Focused Solutions; Life Dreaming; & Lippylala – and other things that take my fancy.
My name is Liz Lennon.
For those who need to know about my formal qualifications … here goes … Bach. App. Sc. Psyc … Grad. Dip. Recreation … Partial completion Master of Business Admin (did 7 out of 12 modules and left when the remaining 5 were all about international finance … blah).
Liz Biz is the umbrella name for all the social enterprises.
Apart from my micro social enterprises (and I really really want to keep them small and happily manageable) I love:
- researching and wandering online
- working with local children to create the Sunny Funny Garden
- playing with friends & family
- enjoying solitude & reading
- planning how to build a cob home for my old (er) age
- living with my mad dog Coco
- writing about life in Ballinamore on Liz Biz
- living in rural Ireland
- I love champagne, red wine and my fire on cold winter days
I’m a great fan of city breaks …I cried when I had to leave Paris; stayed in a convent in Rome that was part of the Borghese palace; got offered a job by a fast talking, blue wigged woman in New York; was cosseted by waiters as I had afternoon tea at the Ritz in London.
What’s not to like?
I am a curious person and love exploring ideas on anything from marketing, design, social justice, social entrepreneurship; learning technology; open source systems; organic gardening; …
I was born to Irish parents in NewZealand; raised in Australia & moved to Ireland in 1993. In Ireland I’ve lived in Dublin, Sligo and now live in the lovely town by the canal – Ballinamore. County Leitrim.
And when I’m not doing all those things, I am training to represent Ireland in the lolling & lethargy olympics. Looks like I’m on the way to a gold medal.
The values that inform everything I do are –
- ethical profit
- beauty in design & execution
- imagination in collaboration
- investment in people’s dreams
- quality products & processes
My purpose is to
Work with People to Create Powerful, Just & Celebratory Places to Work and Live
A percentage of profits from all my micro businesses is given to individuals and organisations each year to invest in their dreams. My wonderful clients also receive discounts and free time as a reward and recognition for their efforts.
- is an ethical consultancy that works with organisations and communities to collaboratively reflect, plan and action the next part of their future. Most of my work has been in the not for profit sector and small creative private sector organisations. For the last 10 or so years I have done a lot of work in the Homeless and Arts sectors in Dublin, Galway & Belfast.
- in a beautiful space I create a 1 day process for women to reflect on what’s important in their life right now … chocs & cherries; great food; deep cushioned chairs and some great questions and conversations … and a cocktail at the end of the day. It’s a space to take yourself away from the trenches of the day to day – and – explore what the landscape of your life is and can be. I’ll be running Life Dreaming in Dublin in the opulent surroundings of the Odessa Club sometime in 2009. I have had interest from people in New york, Singapore & Perth to run Life Dreaming workshops.
- The Life Dreaming workbook was given away free on February 9 2009. I wrote it to accompany the workshops and decided to share it out to anyone that could use it.
Lippylala – In 2009/10 I will be creating an online space full of beautiful things sourced globally as close to the producer as possible – many products will be made from recycled materials.Profit & pricing will be fair to producers,customers & Lippylala. I’m in the process of developing this business and hope to launch it at the end of 2009.
- I’m developing a new social enterprise in 2009. It will be an online learning space for small to medium non profit organisations. Spaces for workers to share & communicate their knowledge about good work practice. Depaul Ireland … a national charity working with homeless people in Dublin and Belfast … has agreed to be the testing ground.
If you want to contact me just leave a comment with your email address and I’ll be happy to chat.